A minimum level is required, i.e. having participated in local or regional regattas. This is so as not to disturb the rhythm of the other participants. If you have doubts about your level, contact us and we will advise you on your level and the convenience of this clinic
The clinic includes:
- Registration fee and use of the facilities
- Complete Optimist with standard competition level (except sail) and less than 5 years old.
- Medical checkup
- 6 clinic days
- 7 nights accommodation in shared bedroom
- 7 days full meals
- EUROSAF gift
- Your travel from / to home
- Transfer from the airport
- Optimist sail (you have to bring yours)
Yes, your club coach is welcome to the academy and even desirable. In this way, and together with our expert coaches, they will be able to discuss the steps to follow in your future training. Your coach will follow your progress aboard of our coach’s RIB.
Your coach will need a parents or tutor authorization. Doing this you will not follow our regulations for minors. He will be your responsible at all the times.
Your coach needs to be register, please ask for further conditions
Can my parents come with me?
Yes of course. Your parents are welcome and can also enjoy the facilities of the academy. This will also simplify your movements in and out of the academy after the clinic. For sure they will enjoy wonderful days in the beautiful surroundings of the Mar Menor.
We will be happy to advise them on accommodation and the activities they can do while you receive the clinic like a leisure program.
During the time of your clinic, your parents will not be able to accompany you neither in the onshore sessions nor in the sea. This will also facilitate your concentration in the clinic.
What is the clinic program?
- Sunday is the day of arrival and departure, although you can request an extra day as a result of your travel schedules.
- On Sunday afternoon/evening your coach will introduce himself and give you the first advice that will continue on Monday morning.
- You will start the clinic with a medical checkup and you will receive the first practical sessions in the boat park while you prepare the boat. You will receive all the necessary instructions.
- Once the optimal wind conditions for navigation have been established, you will have 4 hours of navigation with a break of between half an hour and an hour.
- After this period, the clinic will continue with the collection and care of the material and after a few minutes of relax, will begin the video session where you will see your daily progress.
- All minors must arrive at the academy accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for them.
- If you arrive alone by air, it is mandatory that one of our staff pick up you at the airport with the necessary documentation from the parents or guardians. No other alternative will be accepted.
- During your stay at the academy, you will not be able to go out of the academy facilities alone and you will always do so in the company of one of our staff.
- Our staff will follow the instructions we get from your parents or guardians.